A luxurious blend of life's little delights and pleasures

Thursday, July 07, 2005

Love Thy Lense

A wise person once said...

"Take pictures with your heart and the shots will come to life..."

I find this especially true in my case where I like to capture people in their own moments. I try to develop a connection with my subjects to produce shots that I deem satisfactory. And of course the camera, lense, lighting, etc also play a crucial part in composing a good shot but that's an entirely different story (camera technicalities are off-limits area until a procurement of a new device is accomplished!).

This shot is one of my personal favourites. Subject is of course my very own sweetheart. Though I have to admit due to poor flash performance and resolution was set at 1mp, this shot still needs a lot of improvement. So sue me. But technicalities aside, I simply love the mood potrayed in this one. Yes I poured love into composing this shot, thus the feeling revisits everytime I catch a glimpse of it.

And who says pictures are just pictures?